Friday, February 4, 2011

Photo Friday 2011 ~ 5 ~

It was a rough week for me this week.  I've been sick and moms should not be allowed to get sick.  My house is a mess and my family has been eating really weird dinners this week.  I learned some things about my family this week though and how they relate to illness.  1.  My daughter will not ever become a nurse.  Ever.  She was hiding her face and covering her ears at the mere mention of throw up.  2.  She gets this from my husband...enough said.  3.  My sweet baby boy is very compassionate to sick people.  He sat with me in the bathroom and cuddled with me on the couch, got me a glass of water without me even asking and brought me more blankets when I had the chills.  4.  When I am sick I want my mom.  5.  My mom no longer wants to be near me when I am sick.  6.  I should not ever get sick.

Enough about the sickness.  I'm feeling much better today.  I took a couple pictures of my son yesterday because I knew I would need something to post for today.  He was sliding down the steps on top of his sister's sleeping bag which is made from slippery material.  He called it his sled.  One more thing about being sick.  7.  My kids get away with all kinds of things they normally wouldn't.

I love this boy.

I decided to get a little creative with this next shot.  I am a minimalist when it comes to editing.  My philosophy is if  I take a really great photo, then it shouldn't require a bunch of fancy editing.  But, in an effort to grow and learn as a photographer, I thought I'd play around a little with this picture.  It was pretty boring to start with, just him sitting on the steps.  I cropped it in because I really just wanted to draw attention to his cute dimple and smile which is what drew me to this pic in the first place.  Then I added some texture and a small border. I think it looks much more interesting now.

Have a healthy weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...