Friday, February 5, 2010

Photo Friday ~ 5 ~


This week flew by me and I got out my camera today to see what to post for my photo friday and realized that I hadn't taken any pictures since those of my son in the tub last week!  So...all the kids are sleeping or at school and I don't really want to cheat and use a photo from a different week.  I started looking around my house for something interesting to take a picture of and realized that I don't really like to take pictures of things other than people.  Especially nothing in my house...boring.  I tried, trust me, they were boring.  So, that brings me to this self-portrait.  Probably not the most flattering picture of myself but I still like it.  At least it's interesting.  That mirror is from my grandparents and it's so old that you can't quite get it clean all the way, you know what I mean?  I love that.  And it has this crack in it.  I got it from their basement a few years ago.  I'm known for shopping in their basement.  I love old stuff and if it's sentimental then that's even better.  I can't remember the story of the crack, but no one else wanted it because of it, and I really liked it, except for the crack, so I decided to take it and find something tall to cover the crack.  I do actually have something in front of it, but I kinda think the crack adds character.  I also like the fact that you can see my camera in this photo because, hi, I like to take pictures, so it fits.  I don't like the fact that I definitely need to get some more sleep and taking pictures in a room painted yellow tends to make you look, well, yellow.  But hey, I'm getting out my camera and practicing, which is the whole point.  And besides, I'm trying to take my own advice and stop worrying about being perfect.

4 comments:

  1. Amazing. Insightful. Use of light is spectacular. I need to hire you before I can't afford you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this photo of you. There is something interesting about the expression on your face, and it really sells this picture for me. :-) Also, I like seeing the camera, but mostly because I was going to ask what camera you use. :-)

    But that is the "Gear" geek in me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I always wonder what other people use as well, I use a Nikon D40 with a 35mm f1.8 lens. Hope that satisfies your "gear geek"!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...